Claus Kaldeich: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
Aktuelle Version vom 2. November 2012, 15:12 Uhr
Prof. Dr. Claus Kaldeich
Academic issues at the University of Karlsruhe.
September 1985-October 1995:
PhD.-Student & Assistant Researcher at the Department of Applied Computer Science & Formal Description Methods (AIFB), University of Karlsruhe.
- Assistant Lecturer for the course "Logic-Deductive Databases" (practical classes).
- Assistant Lecturer for the course "Programming Language-Modula II" (practical classes).
Research & Development:
- Logic Databases (with PROLOG and LISP);
- Algebraic Methods to reduce uncertainty in Relational Models (Relational Databases).
Outstanding Results: The Definition of new algebraic structures: "Congruence & Tolerance relations for Relational Models (Database Systems)”.
June 27th, 1996: PhD-Thesis "Toleranz- und Kongruenzrelationen in relationalen Datenbanken” (Tolerance and Congruence Relations in Relational Databases), succesfuly submitted to the Faculty of Economics and Business Engineering, University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
Grade: “Magna cum Laude”.
Advisor: Prof. Dr. W. Stucky, University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
Co-advisor: Prof. Dr. D. Pallaschke, University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
Invited examiner: Prof. Dr. N. Beliakyn, University of Novosibirsk, Russia (recommended by Prof. Dr. Y. Erschov, University of Novosibirsk and Russian Academy of Science-Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russia).
Other roles at the University of Karlsruhe.
Sept. 1987-Oct. 1996:
Faculty of Economics and Business Engineering, University of Karlsruhe.
- Net/System-Administrator (part-time)
- Definition and installation of the SUN-SPARC Server.
- Design, definition & installation of the Faculty Network for the Faculty Management.
Study & Research Grants.
1992-96: Fellowship holder for outstanding students (Research & Development) of the Friedrich-Naumann Foundation (“Begabtenförderung”), Berlin, Germany.
Further academic development.
Oct. 1999–Feb. 2008:
Professorship at the University of Minho, Department of Information Systems, Campus de Azurém, Guimarães, Portugal. (Rem.: the (State) University of Minho has approximately 15.000 Students and 53 Bachelor & integrated Master Courses.)
- Analysis & Implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (using SAP);
- Database Systems (based on ORACLE)
- Data Warehouse & Decision Support System (based on ORACLE and OLAP-Tools).
- Business Process Modelling/Management with ARIS (related to Business Information Systems).
- Business Information Systems & Software Development;
International Project Management & Consultancy (related to Higher Education in Europe, South America, Africa and in the Gulf Region).
- Design of new Higher Education Courses.
- Management & Consultancy of Logistics & Transport Systems.
- Capacity Building & Vocational Pedagogic. Areas: Management Information Systems, Information and Communication Technologies, Software Development.
- Definition and Design of Information Systems, based on Business Process Modelling/Management & Re-engineering.
- Logistics Enterprise Resource Planning ((L)ERP): Consultancy and Implementation of ERP's, Development & Implementation of new Modules & Add-On's.
- Management of Research, Technology Transfer & Development Aid Projects.
- Humanitarian Logistics.
- Definition, Modelling & Implementation of Database & Data Warehouse, Management Information Systems and Decision Support System for Business.
- Project Team Leadership: international experience with multi-cultural workgroups.
- High Level Advisor and Consultant to Government & e-Government.
- Formal & Quantitative Methods.
- Forecasting Models.