- Since 07/2020: Ph.D. student in Information Systems at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology as part of the Helmholtz Information & Data Science School for Health, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) Heidelberg.
- 10/2018 – 06/2020: Master of Science in Information Systems at the University of Cologne.
- 10/2016 – 10/2017: Bachelor of Science in Information Systems at the University of Cologne.
- Since 07/2020: Research associate at Critical Information Infrastructures Research Group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
- 05/2018 - 06/2020: Research assistant at Critical Information Infrastructures Research Group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
- 11/2017 - 04/2018: Research assistant at the Chair for Information Systems and Systems Engineering at the University of Kassel.
Honours and Awards:
- Dean's Award of the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Science at the University of Cologne. Belonging to the best 5% of his cohort in his postgraduate studies (2019).
- Artificial Intelligence
- Health information systems
- Patient centered health care
- Schmidt-Kraepelin, M; Toussaint, PA; Thiebes, S.; Hamari, J.; Sunyaev, A. (2020): Archetypes of Gamification: An Analysis of mHealth Apps. JMIR mhealth and uhealth (in press). doi: https://doi.org/10.2196/19280.
- Thiebes, S.; Toussaint, PA.; Ju, J.; Ahn, J.; Lyytinen, K.; Sunyaev, A. (2020): Valuable Genomes: Taxonomy and Archetypes of Business Models in Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing. Journal of Medical Internet Research. doi: https://doi.org/10.2196/14890