M. Sc. Waqaas Munawar
Mr. Munawar joined KIT in 2011 and is currently a doctoral candidate. He is working at AIFB and his research focuses on environmental and cost issues related to data centers and Internet service providers.
Previously, Mr. Munawar studied computer science at RWTH Aachen University, Germany and at Univeristy of Trento, Italy in 2009. He holds double masters in the field of computer science.
• Waqaas Munawar, Heba Khdr, Santiago Pagani, Muhammad Shafique, Jian-Jia Chen and Jörg Henkel. "Peak Power Management for Scheduling Real-time Tasks on Heterogeneous Many-Core Systems", In The 20th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems, (ICPADS), Hsinchu, Taiwan, Dec 2014
• Santiago Pagani, Heba Khdr, Waqaas Munawar, Jian-Jia Chen, Muhammad Shafique, Minming Li, Jörg Henkel, “TSP: Thermal Safe Power – Efficient power budgeting for Many-Core Systems in Dark Silicon”, International conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES+ISSS), New Delhi, India, Oct 2014. (BEST PAPER AWARD)
• Waqaas Munawar, Jian-Jia Chen, Minming Li "Minimizing Environmental Footprints of Data Centers under Budget and Service Requirement Constraints" International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems (SMARTGREENS), Barcelona, Spain, April 2014. (BEST PAPER AWARD)
• Waqaas Munawar, Muhammad Hamad Alizai, Olaf Landsiedel, Klaus Wehrle, "Modular Remote Reprogramming of Sensor Nodes." International Journal of Sensor Networks (accepted for publication).
• Waqaas Munawar, Jian-Jia Chen, "Peak Power Demand Analysis and Reduction by Using Battery Buffers for Monotonic Controllers", in 23rd International Workshop on Power and Timing Modeling, Optimization and Simulation (PATMOS), Karlsruhe, Germany, September 2013
• Shenquan Wang, Waqaas Munawar, Xue Liu, Jian-Jia Chen, "Power-Saving Design in Server Farms for Multi-Tier Applications under Response Time Constraint, " International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems (SMARTGREENS), Aachen, Germany, May 2013.
• Che-Wei Chang, Jian-Jia Chen, Waqaas Munawar, Tei-Wei Kuo and Heiko Falk. "Partitioned Scheduling for Real-Time Tasks on Multiprocessors with Heterogeneous Memory Modules," International Conference on Embedded Software (EMSOFT), Tampere, Finland, October 2012
• Shengquan Wang, Waqaas Munawar, Jun Liu, Jian-Jia Chen, Xue Liu, "Power-Saving Design for Server Farms with Response Time Percentile Guarantees," IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), Beijing, China, April 2012.
• Waqaas Munawar, Janmartin Jahn, Artiom Aleinikov, Jian-Jia Chen, Jörg Henkel, "An Empirical Feedback Provider for Multi Core Schedulers," in MARC Symposium 2011, Ettlingen, Germany, July 2011
• Waqaas Munawar, Muhammad Hamad Alizai, Olaf Landsiedel, and Klaus Wehrle. "Dynamic tinyos: Modular and transparent incremental code-updates for sensor networks." IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Cape Town, South Africa, May 2010.
• Waqaas Munawar, Olaf Landsiedel, Muhammad Hamad Alizai, and Klaus Wehrle. "Remote Incremental Adaptation of Sensor Network Applications." Proc. of the 8th GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Wireless Sensor Networks (FGSN), Hamburg Germany, Aug 2009.