Jonas Oppenländer is a Senior Researcher at FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB) with Prof. Dr. Harald Sack. Previously, he was a doctoral researcher in the Crowd Computing Group at the University of Oulu, Finland, under the supervision of Associate Prof. Simo Hosio. He completed his Master’s degree in Computer Science at the University of Southampton, England, in 2015 and later joined the Human-Centered Computing Group at Freie Universität Berlin and the Excellence Cluster "Image Knowledge Gestaltung" as a research assistant. Before that, he achieved a diploma in Industrial Engineering at the Technical University of Darmstadt in 2011 and worked as a strategy and business analyst as well as a full-stack web developer.
Currently he is responsible for the design, implementation, population, and management of the NFDI4Culture knowledge graph as part of the NFDI4Culture project on research data infrastructures for material and immaterial cultural heritage. His publications are accessible on DBLP and Google Scholar.
Conference and Workshop Organizations
- Program committee: 9th AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2021)
- Conference organizing committee: 6th International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC 2021), Oulu, Finland
- Workshop Co-Organizer: Visions, Technologies, and Visions of Technologies for Understanding Human Scale Spaces (2VT), co-located with the 2021 ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '21)
- Workshop Organizer: Crowd-powered Interfaces for Creative Design Thinking, co-located with the 2019 ACM Conference on Creativity and Cognition (C&C '19)
- Workshop Organizer: Designing Crowd-powered Creativity Support Systems, co-located with the 2019 ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '19)
- Associate Chair, ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '19), Late Breaking Work
- Summer school organizing committee, 9th International UBI Summer School 2018 (UBISS '18)
- Program committee: Studierendenkonferenz Informatik (SKILL '18), Berlin, Germany