Dr. Stefanie Betz
- I will give an interview to Baden TV on privacy and IT.
- I am Co-chair of the Workshop on "Sustainability-Aware Business Process Management (SABPM 2016)", which is co-located with the BPM 2016.
- Februar 2016: I am invited to the 1st Modelling For Sustainability Workshop @ Bellairs (http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~joerg/SEL/Sustainability_Bellairs_2016.html)
- Januar 2016: The future of Software Engineering special issue (IEEE Software) is out including our paper „Requirements: The Key to Sustainability“ (http://www.computer.org/csdl/mags/so/2016/01/index.html).
- I am part of the Young Investigator Network (YIN) at KIT (https://www.yin.kit.edu/english/1115.php).
- I am workshop Co-chair at the Modellierung 2016 (http://www.modellierung2016.org).
- I am the principal investigator of the Project AVARE (http://www.privacy-avare.de).
- July 2015: I had the honour to take part at the 66th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting and be present at the Mainau Declaration 2015 (http://www.lindau-nobel.org).
- July 2015: Together with three other young scientists I was selected to present my research at a visit of Prime Minister Winfried Kretschmann and Minister Theresia Bauer at KIT (https://www.kit.edu/kit/16998.php).
- July 2015: I have been interviewed by SWR2 regarding the situation of young researchers in Germany (http://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/campus/swr2-campus-juniorprofessor-auf-bewaehrung/-/id=658620/did=15342592/nid=658620/sdpgid=1087069/1pno76v/index.html).
- Mai 2015: I gave an invited talk at the University of Zürich.
- January 2015: I was selected as outstanding young female scientist as Margarete von Wrangell fellow (http://margarete-von-wrangell.de).
- I am one of the co-authors of the Karlskrona Manifesto for Sustainability Design (<a href="http://sustainabilitydesign.org">http://sustainabilitydesign.org</a>).
- I am involved organizing the workshop serie on Methods and Tools for Project/Architecture/Risk Management in Globally Distributed Software Development Projects (PARIS) starting from 2007 (http://outshore.de/index.php/icgse).
- Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=1u5URpYAAAAJ&hl=en
I am a senior researcher in Applied Informatics since 2014 at the research group Business Information Systems at the Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB). I received both her Diploma and her Doctoral Degree, in 2006 and 2013 respectively in Information Engineering and Management from the Karlsruhe Institute for Technology, Germany. My PhD focused on risk aware business process modelling and analysis using petri nets. From 2012 to 2013 I worked as a senior research at the Software Engineering Lab at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden. I spent the autumn 2009 as an invited visiting researcher at the Enterprise Simulation Laboratory SimLab, Faculty of Information and Natural Sciences, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Aalto University Finland.
My research interests are in business process management, software engineering, and sustainability. In these topics I am the author and co-author of more than 35 papers in high-impact conference proceedings and journals, and monographs. I am currently a Margarete von Wrangell Fellow and leading a project on sustainable software and systems engineering granted by the European Social Fund and the Ministry for Science, Research, and the Arts Baden-Württemberg (duration 5 years). Additionally, I am leading a research project funded by the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung on data privacy (duration 3 years).
I also have experience in consulting companies in BPM and global software engineering. I am the mother of a girl (born in August 2012).
- Workshop: Methods and Tools for Project/Architecture/Risk Management in Globally Distributed Software Development Projects (PARIS'12)
- Workshop: Methods and Tools for Project/Architecture/Risk Management in Globally Distributed Software Development Projects (PARIS'11)
- Workshop: Methods and Tools for Project/Architecture/Risk Management in Globally Distributed Software Development Projects (PARIS'10)
- Workshop: Empirical Experiences, Metrics and Tools for Project Management in Globally Distributed Software Development Projects
- Eingeladene Gastwissenschaftlerin des Enterprise Simulation Laboratory (SimLab) der Technischen Universität Helsinki, Oktober - Dezember 2009
- Teilnahme an dem Projekt "Ingenieurinnen live erleben"
- Mitglied in mehreren universitären Gremien (Berufungskommissionen)
Business Organization and Innovation
Geosphere and Risk Management
Algorithm, Software and System Engineering